The weather for Saturday as of right now is forecasted to be sunny and cold in Wise, VA. That being said, we will see how much of a discrepency there is between the Raiders on a wet soggy field and the Raiders on a dry and perfect field. I would be remiss, however, if I did not say that I am weary of the Raiders on the turf. Not so much as the every down, grind out process of a 4 quarter game, but the increased potential for 1 or 2 or even 3 explosive plays that go for touchdowns is what really scares me.
I predict that Clintwood will once again dominate the line of scrimmage and shut down the sweep. Depending on what Jimbo can do with the passing game is what will really be the difference in this ballgame. If we can get consistent pressure on Talley, I do not think it will be an issue. However, if there has been a weakness on our defense it has been our secondary i.e. Volunteer, and 1 play against Burton that went for a td.
I do not forsee Burton's defense stopping our offense. Having a healthly Nick Robinson at TE will make a noticeable difference if they decide to cram 9 in the box to stop his big brother. Having a 6'4" threat as a pass receiver can make all the difference to a running team.
It will be a no holds barred fist fight for 4 quarters. The Carl Smith atmosphere will be next to heavenly. I am sure all the GC and Lebanon folks will stay and everyone knows what kind of crowds those 2 teams draw.
A Region D Championship on the line, a whole boat load of seniors who no matter what happens, will only have at most 3 more times to strap on the green...it will be special.





Bookmarks